Explore FTIA's material
Are you looking for these?
Illustrational picture of a road.
Information for professional transport
Truck on a motorway.
The plan is to build a causeway between Riutunkari in Oulu and Huikku on Hailuoto Island. The causeway will replace the current ferry service. The causeway will be approximately 8.4 kilometres long, and it will consist of a road running on top of an embankment and long bridges in Huikku and Riutunkari.
Illustrational picture of a rail.
Luumäki-Imatra railway project
A double-track railway is being built on the line Joutseno–Imatra, replacing the current single-track railway. The current track on the line Luumäki–Joutseno is also being improved. The project also comprises renovations to reduce the maintenance backlog on the Saimaa Canal Railway Bridge, the Mansikkakoski Railway Bridge and the underpass on the old Main Road 6.
Development projects for border crossing points
The Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency acts as a coordinator in six infrastructure development projects at the border crossing points of Raja-Jooseppi, Vartius, Parikkala, Imatra, Vainikkala and Vaalimaa funded jointly by the European Union and Finland. The projects will be implemented between 2019 and 2022.
22.3.2023 Finland is one of the leading countries in digital modelling of transport networks The vision of transport infrastructure data management for 2030 is to build a digital model of the transport network to support transport infrastructure management in the best possible way and a digital twin of the most important sites, which has not yet been done elsewhere. What is it all about, and what is the difference between a digital model and a digital twin?
17.1.2023 Along the main line: The busiest railway line is well maintained The busiest railway line section in Finland, the main line section between Helsinki and Tampere, develops and adapts to changing traffic needs. In 2021, the number of long-distance passengers on the Helsinki–Tampere line section was between 2.7 and 3.8 million and the total tonnage of freight traffic between 1.5 and 6.8 million tonnes.
- 23.3.2023 Important news regarding the next material publication from Digiroad
- 22.3.2023 Finland is one of the leading countries in digital modelling of transport networks
- 23.1.2023 Modularity of railway signalling equipment will soon be a reality – saving money and creating new opportunities for companies
- 17.1.2023 Along the main line: The busiest railway line is well maintained
- 28.12.2022 Fast planning and smooth cooperation were needed for LNG terminal
- 9.12.2022 Icebreaking season 2022–2023 begins: The first icebreaker, Otso, leaves for the Bay of Bothnia on Sunday, 11 December.
- 8.12.2022 More transparency and responsibility in transport infrastructure projects with the investment programme
- 8.12.2022 Road users’ satisfaction with the condition of roads in summer remained unchanged – a slight drop in satisfaction with winter maintenance was recorded
- 8.12.2022 Independent and transparent information to support the work
- 8.12.2022 Accessible transport infrastructure is created by listening to the customer
- All news and releases
People working at FTIA.