The Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency aims to ensure the accessibility of its website in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019.
This Accessibility Statement applies to the Vayla.fi site. The statement does not cover the following sections, for which accessibility has not been assessed:
• personnel directory
• electronic signature verification function
State of accessibility
Vayla.fi partially meets the requirements of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA. Non-compliance and exceptions to the requirements are listed below.
The following content is non-accessible for the following reasons:
The following content is non-accessible under the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019):
Images and videos:
• Some texts have only been provided as images (WCAG criterion 1.4.5)
• Some images use colour differences as the only indication (WCAG 1.4.1)
• The text alternatives of some images have shortcomings (WCAG 1.1.1)
• On some videos, the soundtrack does not cover the content of the video (WCAG 1.2.5)
• In some images, the contrast between the text and background is poor (WCAG 1.4.3)
• The Flickr images on the project pages [VV1] are not fully accessible due to the following reasons:
• The images cannot be accessed with the tab key (WCAG 2.1.1)
• Clicking on an image opens the image onto the other content of the page, but this is not evident when using a screen reader. (WCAG 1.3.1)
• The image opening on the rest of the content and image browsing functions are not accessible via the keyboard. (WCAG 2.1.1, 2.4.3)
Menus and links:
• There are shortcomings in the programmatic entries of the main menu links that cause challenges for screen reader users. (WCAG 1.3.1)
• With some screen sizes, the main menu is split on lines and placed on top of other content. (WCAG 1.4.10)
• The section menus are not programmatically marked as menus. (WCAG 1.3.1)
• The section or page chosen by the user is not programmatically marked in the menus, so they are not obvious when using a screen reader (WCAG 1.3.1)
• The links in the body text are indicated by colour only (WCAG 1.4.1).
• Some of the external links or links that open a file are marked insufficiently. (WCAG 1.3.1, 2.4.4)
• The following image links/buttons are missing text alternatives:
• Button taking the user to the previous page in front of a single news headline
• Social media links at the bottom of news pages
• Button at the end of the page scrolling to the top of the page.
• Button at the end of the page scrolling to the top of the page does not move the keyboard focus to the top of the page. (WCAG 2.4.3)
• There are shortcomings in the systematic use of header levels (WCAG 1.3.1)
• There are a few elements on the site with names aimed at screen readers in English (WCAG 2.4.4)
• Tables and forms:
• There are no programmatically marked column headers in the tables. (WCAG 1.3.1)
• A table has been used in a few places even though the information provided does not require a tabular format (WCAG 1.3.1)
• There are shortcomings in the systematic use of form checkboxes (WCAG 1.3.1, 1.4.11)
• The form for subscribing to the newsletter contains no programmatic marking concerning the purpose of the fields requesting personal data. (WCAG 1.3.5) Furthermore, mandatory information is not marked on the form. (WCAG 3.3.2)
• Newsletters are not fully accessible due to the following reasons:
• The language of the letters is not programmatically defined (WCAG 3.3.1)
• Tables have been used in the letters for layout purposes, which may pose challenges for those using a screen reader (WCAG 1.3.1)
• The use of header levels and text alternatives is not always consistent (WCAG 1.3.1, 1.1.1)
• There are shortcomings in the contrasts used in newsletters (WCAG 1.4.3)
• PDF files are not fully accessible.
The applicable legislation does not cover the following content:
The site contains maps for which accessibility has not been verified [VV2].
Certain site functionalities have not been assessed with regard to accessibility.
Preparation of this Accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 21 September 2020
The statement is based on a third-party assessment of whether the website complies with the requirements of Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
The report was last revised on 21 September 2020.
Feedback and contact information
We are happy to receive feedback on the accessibility of this site.
You can request information or the service in an accessible form to the extent that the requirements for accessibility are not met by requesting them through this feedback process.
You can contact the Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency in the following ways:
Telephone: +358 (0)295 34 3000 (Mon–Fri 8 a.m.–4:15 p.m.)
E-mail: [email protected]la.fi
We aim to respond to feedback without delay, at the latest within two weeks of contacting us.
If you notice accessibility issues on the site, please first provide feedback to the site administrator. It may take 14 days to reply. If you are not satisfied with the answer you have received or do not receive any answer within two weeks, you can submit feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland.
Supervisory authority’s contact information:
Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland
Accessibility control unit
switchboard +358 (0)295 016 000
Remedy of shortcomings
Efforts will be made to remedy shortcomings in the site accessibility during Spring 2021 with regard to technical aspects.
The revised vayla.fi website was published on 22 September 2020.