Forwarding service for open data and Service platform for publications
The Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency is committed to making its Forwarding service for open data and Service platform for publications services accessible, in accordance with Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019.
This accessibility statement applies to the Forwarding service for open data and the Service platform for publications services.
The Forwarding service for open data and the Service platform for publications services partially meets the requirements of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA. Non-compliance and exceptions to the requirements are listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reason(s):
Non-compliance with the Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019
- Because the service is a single-page application (SPA), focus does not change consistently when the view changes using a keyboard only or a screen reader (WCAG 2.4.3). In relation to this, there is no feedback to the screen reader user when the view changes. (WCAG 4.1.3)
- Increasing text size by 200% or modifying text spacing causes the text inside the table elements to get truncated, and it cannot be read properly. (WCAG 1.4.4, 1.4.12)
- The table elements in the service have the following accessibility issues:
- The functionality of the column headers is not initially clear using a screen reader. (WCAG 4.1.2)
- As the content is loading, the Loading text cannot be read using a screen reader, and there is no equivalent feedback for the screen reader. (WCAG 1.3.1, 4.1.3) In addition, the language of the text itself (English) differs from the user interface language (Finnish), so it should have its own language declaration. (WCAG 3.1.2)
- When the table is empty, the No visible rows element is not accessible or readable using a screen reader. (WCAG 1.3.1)
Mobile user interface
- Most of the icons receive ”empty” focus using a mobile screen reader (iOS VoiceOver). The icons should be given a text alternative or marked as dismissable by screen readers. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Using a mobile screen reader (iOS VoiceOver), the tables are not announced as tables at all. (WCAG 1.3.1) In addition, there is no feedback for the screen reader user when changing the order of the columns. (WCAG 4.1.3)
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on June 29th, 2021.
The statement is based on a third-party assessment of whether the website complies with the requirements of Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
The statement was last revised on August 31st, 2021
Feedback and contact information
We are happy to receive feedback on the accessibility of this site.
You can request information or the service in an accessible form to the extent that the requirements for accessibility are not met by requesting them through this feedback process.
You can contact the Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency in the following ways:
Telephone: +358 (0)295 34 3000 (Mon–Fri 8 a.m.–4:15 p.m.)
E-mail: [email protected]
We aim to respond to feedback without delay, at the latest within two weeks of contacting us.
If you notice any accessibility issues on the website, please first send feedback to us, i.e. the site administrator. It may take us up to 14 days to reply. If you are not satisfied with the reply or do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can notify the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact information of the regulatory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland (Etelä-Suomen aluehallintovirasto)
Accessibility control unit (Saavutettavuuden valvonnan yksikkö)
Telephone switchboard 0295 016 000