Organisation of the Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency
The organisation of the Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency (FTIA) is composed of four divisions and five functional areas that report directly to the Director General.
The divisions are: Transport Infrastructure Planning, Projects, Infrastructure Management, and Route Operations and Information Services. The divisions are further divided into departments and units.
The functional areas that report to the Director General are: Communications and Stakeholder Relations; Finance and Performance Management; Legal Services and Procurement; Safety and Security; and Regional Steering.
FTIA is headed by the Director General Kari Wihlman (LL.M)
FTIA Management Team:
- Division Director, Transport Network Planning Mirja Noukka (M.Sc. (Tech.))
- Division Director, Projects Pekka Petäjäniemi (M.Sc. (Tech.))
- Division Director, Infrastructure Management Jukka Karjalainen (M.Sc. (Tech.))
- Division Director, Infrastructure Access and Information Services Raimo Tapio (M.Sc. (Tech.))
- Director, Communications and Stakeholder Relations Anna Jokela (M.SSc)
- Director, Management Support and Financial Services Jukka Laiho (M.Sc. (Econ.))
- Director, Administration and Legal Services Laura Kuistio (LL.M)
- Director, Safety and Security Heikki Hernesmaa (M.A.)
- Director, Regional Steering Jarmo Joutsensaari (M.Sc. (Tech.))
Transport mode directors serve as matrix directors, overseeing all aspects of their designated transport mode, and report directly to the Director General.
The transport mode directors are:
- Director, Railway Markku Nummelin (M.Sc. (Tech.))
- Director, Roads Pekka Rajala ((M.Sc. (Tech.))
- Director, Waterways Esa Sirkiä (M.Sc. (Tech.))