A warm thank you to all the participants both in Joensuu and on Skype! We made notes on all the improvement ideas and we will promote these ideas as much as possible.
We will concentrate especially on these following ideas of in the near future:
1. We have received wishes on specifying the most essential data fields – they are as follows:
- the functional class of road links
- road link type
- speed limit
- public transport stops
- manoeuvre restrictions
- closed connections and boom barriers
In addition to these, regarding navigation systems essential data fields are vehicle specific restrictions and information concerning maximum vehicle dimensions and masses on certain roads. However, we warmly suggest that all data fields are updated regularly.
2. We are currently also working on whether it is possible to add information on roads under planning or construction. Under construction or planned route links that are administered by the National Land Survey will be published as part of the next Digiroad release.
3. During the day the audience made wishes on new data fields to be added to Digiroad, such as information on zebra crossings and traffic signs.
4. We also aim at providing better-quality information on road network elevation data. This will be discussed in co-operation with the National Land Survey.
5. At the moment we are working on a feedback channel for Digiroad, which is something that we have received many wishes on.
6. New API solutions to effectively import data from municipalities to Digiroad are also under construction.
7. We will find out whether it is possible to add better-quality information on parking to Digiroad.
8. During the network day we also received wishes that the road central line geometry should have a quality monitoring system. The geometry data is administered by the National Land Survey, but we are delighted to receive feedback on the quality of data geometry and will always forward it to NLS.